Saturday, December 29, 2012

Kelly Hall-Tompkins: You can still give to Music Kitchen today and claim your charitable tax deduction for 2012!


 
Cliff or No Cliff, Vote Yourself a Tax Deduction!
 
Despite what Congress decides to do (or not do!), you can still give to Music Kitchen today and claim your charitable tax deduction for 2012!
 

on Music Kitchen website or Checks may be sent to the following address:
 
Music Kitchen
c/o Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
3 West 65th Street
New York, NY 10023

 
Why?
 
Music Kitchen is making a difference in the lives of many people. 
Read what the listeners are saying:
 
"Free-elated-inspired-magnificent-transformed-amazed-fulfilled
Music to me is life.  It’s like the air I breathe.  I love how music can inspire, influence and transform us in so many amazing ways.  Music is beautiful, filled with emotion, experience. Music represents so many facets, so many positive aspects of life.  Listening to classical music allows me to think clearly; [it’s] positive pedagogical.    Classical music enables me to freely express myself, it inspires me to succeed in all my endeavors and help others as well...  Listening to such wonderful classic pieces expands horizons.  Listening to music transcends cultural boundaries and time.  I love the fact that classical music is just that, classical, meaning it seamlessly overlaps and adds harmony to any music genre.  Classical and jazz music (and music period) demonstrates how resilient we are as people.  Classical music survived during times of war and unity. Classical music is soothing.  It makes me feel energized, confident, assured.  I truly love how it can completely change your mood and make you feel ecstatic.  Music represents so many positive aspects of life.  Music is art.  It’s language. Culture.  Music is love.  It’s freedom, awakening.  Music is universal.  Music unites us all.  It expands our horizons.  Listening to you perform tonight reminds me of Nelson Mandela’s quote, where he mentions something to the extent of never feeling afraid to be brilliant.  It helps me be cognizant of the fact that I am brilliant, resilient, loving yet strong, a person with conviction. 
Classical music enables you to discover yourself."      -Aria

No comments: