Sunday, July 8, 2012

Stewart Goodyear: 'my new recording of the complete Beethoven sonatas that has been released through Marquis Classics'



AfriClassical has posted occasional news of the African-Canadian pianist Stewart Goodyear for years.  On December 11, 2010 we posted: "AllMusic.com:On 2-CD Beethoven set, Stewart Goodyear's 'Hammerklavier' is'spectacular'."  Today we hear from Stewart Goodyear himself.  The 10-CD Box Set of the Beethoven Piano Sonatas and the recording of The Late Sonatas of Beethoven, both on Marquis Classics, are pictured above.

Here is the message from Stewart Goodyear:


Dear Mr. Zick,

My name is Stewart Goodyear, an African-Canadian pianist who has been performing concerti and recitals internationally. I studied at the Curtis Institute of Music under Leon Fleisher, Claude Frank, and Gary Graffman, and graduated with a Master's Degree from the The Juilliard School of Music. 

Recently, I performed the complete Beethoven sonatas in one day as part of the Luminato Festival in Toronto on June 9th, 2012. I wish to share with you the link to my new recording of the complete Beethoven sonatas that has been released through Marquis Classics:


Also, here is a sample of my Beethoven box set, the first movement of the "Moonlight" Sonata:


Best wishes,

Stewart Goodyear

No comments: