Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Sinfo-Nia Summer Camp Concert on "The Old Town Road" Thursday, June 20, 6:30 PM




David E. Robinson III writes:

Greetings Family, Friends, and Colleagues,

The Still Waters Youth Sinfo-Nia Orchestra is having a great Summer Camp.  We have so many wonderful talented students that are serious about music.  Our Summer Camp Concert will take place tomorrow (Thursday), June 20th, 6:30 PM at First Congregational Church located at 105 Courtland St., Atlanta, GA 30303.  Tickets are $15.00 for adults and $10.00 for children/students.  Sinfo-Nia will debut my arrangement of "Old Town Road" recorded by Lil Naz X (featuring Billy Ray Cyrus).  Please tell your younger folks in your family and your circle of friends, co-workers, co-worshippers, etc.  Sinfo-Nia will also perform a number of other exciting selections. We performed at the Auburn Avenue Library of Black History Research yesterday (Tues., June 18th).  School board members of Douglas County introduced us.  It was so great to meet them.  There are no orchestra programs in their schools.  I plan on meeting with them in a few months to see what can be established.  

As you see, right out of retirement, I continue to work with Sinfo-Nia.  I have plans to expand it.  I don't quite feel retired yet, because this is just another school-system summer vacation.  I am "rewiring" at the moment and making big plans and allowing God to give me more ideas.  I am highly considering venturing into a new business in addition to my composing, arranging, and music publishing.  When the school-year starts again and I don't have to report for work, then I will be officially retired from it.  I shop at the Gresham Rd. Walmart quite frequently and run into former students and those I never taught.  I have my retirement cap on that was given to me by one of my fraternity brothers.  I let them know that I have retired and won't be back to work.  I have to let these children know about retirement and not having to work again after putting in so many years so that they will strive to do the same thing in the career fields that they choose.  Their parents, grandparents, etc. that accompany them will explain what retirement is.  I am also looking forward to helping my grandson play some baseball.  

We will begin our School-Year Session of classes/rehearsals on Saturday, September 7th at our OPEN HOUSE where we invite students ages 7 through 18 (and college students and high school graduates) to come sit in with their instruments free of charge for that day (sit-in to see if they like us before they pay tuition to enroll).  We will have them read through "Old Town Road" (those that can read music on the intermediate and advanced levels).  We also invite students that have never played an instrument before.  We offer instruction on violin, viola, cello, and double bass on all three levels.  We accept band students (woodwinds, brass, and percussion) on the advanced level only.  We hold classes on Saturday mornings and Monday evenings.  We will serve refreshments and have door prize drawings. 

Please help us spread the word on your job, your place of worship, to family, friends, co-workers, and so on.  I attached some fliers You may forward this e-mail to them.  Please make copies of the white flier (pdf) to pass out and post on bulletin boards.  The white flier uses less ink and toner.  We would greatly appreciate it.  This is how we advertise...for now. 

Have a wonderful, restful summer.

Sincerely,
David E. Robinson III

Please check out Sinfo-Nia's soon-to-be updated website at
Other social media will soon be available  

No comments: