Friday, June 21, 2019

John Malveaux: Eric Myrick in "William Grant Still and the Harlem Renaissance"

John Malveaux (L) and Eric Myrick (R)

John Malveaux of 
writes:

Generally aware of concert and other events highlighting the accomplishments of composer William Grant Still in Los Angeles, I was greatly surprised when I attended the International City Theatre (Long Beach) production of BESTSELLER on June 20, 2019.  The cast included Eric Myrick (Alex) whose credits included "William Grant Still and the Harlem Renaissance" at Walt Disney Concert Hall. I met Eric Myrick after the play and asked how was he connected to the concert series which I attended. Eric explained that  "William Grant Still and the Harlem Renaissance" was also a play that was performed at Disney Concert Hall targeting children in February and March. On June 21, 2019, I called Judith Still, daughter and publisher of WGS and she was also greatly surprised. 

No comments: