Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bassist Joseph Conyers to Solo With Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, Richmond Symphony & Main Line Symphony Orchestra

[Joseph Conyers]

On August 20, 2012 AfriClassical posted: "Bassist Joseph Conyers and Flutist Demarre McGill at Charlottesville Chamber Music Festival Sept. 9-23, 2012."  Joseph Conyers of made this reply on August 31, 2012:

Hi Bill:
Thanks so much for your interest in my many endeavors.  I have seen your site, and it's great to see someone catalogue the accomplishments and efforts of musicians of color.

Sorry for the delay.  I've been doing some traveling, and I'm just now back in Philadelphia.

I do not have my own personal website, and our Project 440 website is a bit out dated.  We are working on a NUMBER of pretty large initiatives that we hope to announce to the world over the coming months.  In all honesty, our FB page will have our most current information.  It is the plan that the website will be overhauled in the next month or two.

As far as my "extra curricular" bass and nonprofit activities, there are a good number, and I've never tried to keep track of them all.  For the orchestra's schedule, you can simply visit the Philadelphia Orchestra's website at philorch.org.

I have three solo engagements next year:  Two performances with the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia at the Perelman Theatre at Verizon Hall of the Bottesini Bass Concerto, two performances with the Richmond Symphony of a concerto written about me and for me (first premiered in Grand Rapids in 2008), and the Main Line Symphony Orchestra in March (another Bottesini).  Performances don't begin until January.  If you google them, you should be able to find everything.

I have the Charlottesville coming up at the end of the month, and then I just have my regular orchestra schedule.

Feel free to check in for any updates on my performance schedule or nonprofit activities; I do hope to have updates very soon.
Thanks again for your interest.

Sincerely


Joseph Conyers
Assistant Principal Bass, The Philadelphia Orchestra
Executive Director, Project 440

No comments: