Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shawn Garmon Conducts Composer's Recital of 'Her Journey' at U. of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 8 PM March 27, 2011

[Shawn Garmon]

AfriClassical has received news of Shawn Garmon's composer's recital of her composition Her Journey from Suzanne Flandreau of the Center for Black Music Research (CBMR) at Columbia College Chicago:

“I wanted to let you know that on Sunday, March 27, here in Norman, OK, I will premiere my composition, Her Journey. This work is for alto flute/flute, violin, french horn, bass clarinet, cello, harp, and percussion, and I will be conducting this work. As the title implies, this work attempts to depict my Grandmother's departure, her journey to The Most High; approximate length of the piece is 19 minutes. Dr. Walker-Hill is coming out to support the work and I will be recording it. I think I'll also have the ensemble record the piece in the studio, too.”

Details are at Shawn Garmon's MySpace page:
University of Oklahoma, Pittman Hall
- 500 W. Boyd - Norman, OK 73119
UNITED STATES.
Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM…

No comments: