Monday, January 4, 2021

John Malveaux: Dr. Michael Cooper tells MusicUNTOLD of the first recording/performance he knows of Florence Beatrice Price's "Until We Meet"

Dr. Michael Cooper

John Malveaux of MusicUNTOLD.com writes:

Dr. Michael Cooper shared the following with MusicUNTOLD: "Today I happened upon this, the first recording/performance (that I know of) of the inimitable
Florence Beatrice Price, Composer
's "Until We Meet" for piano solo, which I published with
G. Schirmer & Associated Music Publishers
in April, 2020. This lovingly detailed performance is by my good friend
Maeve Brophy
, from her series of Memphis-based livestreams this past autumn. Written on 27 March 1952, just under fifteen months before the composer's death, this is the very last of Price's obviously romance-themed compositions -- and its tender beauty is, to my mind at least, unforgettable. https://youtu.be/2b1AhtdX_GM?t=1764 "

No comments: