Friday, July 3, 2020

Sergio Mims: Conductor Roderick Cox to conduct Rossini's Barber at the Met Opera March 2021

Conductor Roderick Cox

Sergio A. Mims writes:

Conductor Roderick Cox has announced that he will be conducting performances of the Met opera's revival of Rossini's The Barber of Seville in March 2021.

"I am thrilled to announce my debut with the The Metropolitan Opera in Rossini’s Il Barbiere di Siviglia, March 2021. I adore this opera, and I am indeed honored and humbled to be able to perform it with two amazing casts next spring at the MET and San Francisco Opera. I just hope we are all able to return to the stage very soon and that our dear MET Orchestra Musicians may also return to work in January."

Hopefully the Met Opera will be able to restart regular performances in January 2021.

Sergio

No comments: