Thursday, March 23, 2017

Violinist Kelly Hall-Tompkins Back On Broadway For Another 5 Months as Concertmaster and Soloist of Orchestra for Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Sunset Boulevard"

with Glenn Close after 1st Preview February 2 

I am grateful for such an amazing Broadway debut experience as the Fiddler/violin soloist for Fiddler on the Roof! Some experiences deeply enrich your life and stay with you forever- that was one such experience for me!  I am excited to now bring the Fiddler repertoire into the concert hall with tours of my new solo project, "The Fiddler: Expanding Tradition," commissioned and developed with the amazing Oran Eldor and Ted Sperling and coming to a city near you!  But more on that in a bit.  I am delighted to spend another 5 months on Broadway, leading on stage (yes, on stage) as concertmaster and soloist of the largest orchestra in Broadway history, every night with the fabulous Glenn Close in the phenomenal score of Andrew Lloyd Webber, Sunset Boulevard!  It was great to meet and work with Andrew on his amazing score.  Working with Music Director Kristin Blodgette and a fabulous orchestra, this score brings the best of Broadway, plus evokes Richard Strauss, Mahler, Puccini, Rachmaninov and big band, all in one evening while being uniquely Andrew Lloyd Webber!  And in the few short weeks since opening, I've had the great honor of performing for and greeting Steven Spielberg, Hillary Clinton, and Whoopi Goldberg along with thousands of theater goers in our sold out Palace Theater!  (I've also seen Seth Meyers, Betty Buckley, Robert Redford and more.  Tickets are going fast on this limited run; if you come to see us, I hope you'll stop by and say hello!
Cheers,
Kelly

Following are the dates I will be IN at Sunset Boulevard.  All other dates will be played by a substitute violinist.  Dates are subject to change.  Please check my website or with me directly for updates.
Sunset IN Dates
March 22-27
April 13-20, 22-26, 28-30
May 1-7, 17, 21-30
June 4, 7 @8pm, 11, 12-25 Final Performance
July - Possible Run Extension, TBD

Comment by email:
Thanks so much Bill, looks great! Cheers, Kelly [Kelly Hall-Tompkins]

No comments: