Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Audio of First Movement From Leo Brouwer's “El Decameron Negro”


[The Black Decameron; John Williams, guitar; London Sinfonietta; Steven Mercurio, Conductor;
Sony 63173 (1998)]


A post by Dave Belcher on March 4, 2008 at Laperruque.blogspot.com/ presents online audio from El Decameron Negro” by the Afro-Cuban composer, guitarist and conductor Leo Brouwer, who is profiled at AfriClassical.com:

3 more songs
I may as well put a few more out there. These were all recorded two years ago when I was auditioning to master's programs for guitar performance (I got into the school I wanted to go to, but alas, as usual, couldn't go for financial reasons).” "Finally, from my favorite composer -- for whom I had the rare opportunity to play a few pieces in a master's class in Spain some time ago -- Leo Brouwer, the Cuban composer who is now directing the Orquesta Cordoba, comes the first movement from his El Decameron Negro: 'Balada de la Doncella Enamorada' [Ballad of the Love-sick Maiden]."







No comments: