Friday, October 12, 2018

Detroit Symphony Orchestra Selects Two African American Orchestra Fellows

Adam Sadberry


Flute | African-American Orchestra Fellow
A graduate of the Eastman School of Music, Adam Sadberry has recorded with the Eastman Wind Ensemble and went on tour with the Eastman Philharmonia. He was also the recipient of the 2017 Eastman / Links Scholarship.

“I'm really looking forward to growing as a person and a musician with the other DSO musicians by my side. The short time I've been here has already made an enormous impact on my playing, so I can't wait to see what else happens. When I found out that I had won a fellowship, I was flabbergasted. I'm still in a little bit of shock even now, but I'm getting comfortable in my position and couldn't be happier to be here.” – Adam Sadberry


Michael Gause

Trumpet | African-American Orchestra Fellow
Michael Gause was previously a member of the trumpet section at the Youngstown Symphony. He has also been awarded positions with the National Repertory Orchestra and the Aspen Music Festival and is currently a Doctor of Musical Arts candidate at Michigan State University where he studies with Justin Emerich, a frequent substitute musician with the DSO. 


No comments: