Monday, November 14, 2016

Pianist Lara Downes: America Again Album Release Concert Mon. Nov. 21 Live at Le Poisson Rouge, New York City, 6 PM Doors, 7 PM Show; Skip Dillard, WBLS

Lara Downes writes:

Dear Bill,
I've been on the road since election night, doing what I can to help move us through this painful moment. I've been working with young people, talking about Langston Hughes and the Dream, and taking inspiration from poetry by Rita Dove: "I gave my promise to the world, and the world followed me here"

Please share this video invitation - my album release event next Monday has transformed into an evening of conversation and query - how can we come together and move forward from here? How can we lean on the power of our tradition and our promise, to let America be America again?
Poster attached.
Thank you Bill. 
We are One. We are the People.
Love,
L

Lara Downes
www.LaraDownes.com

Skype: LaraD88
New release: America Again

No comments: