Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pianist Richard C. Alston and Bass Kevin Thompson in Recital 2-3 PM & 4-5 PM at Colour of Music Festival Wed. Oct. 21 in Charleston, SC


 Richard C. Alston


Kevin Thompson

Richard C. Alston writes:

Hello and Good Morning Bill,

Next Wednesday, October 21st, I will have the pleasure to collaborate as pianist in a recital with the wonderful bass
Kevin Thompson. Kevin will present a vocal recital at the Colour of Music Festival in Charleston, South Carolina. His recital will be held from 2:00 to 3:00. Kevin's program will include art songs and spirituals composed and arranged by Purcell, Carl Loewe, Scarlatti, Stefano Dounady, Francesco Durante, Torelli, Florence Price, Burleigh, Coleridge-Taylor, Wendell Whalum, Hall Johnson and Uzee Brown.   After Kevin's recital, I will present a solo piano recital. My recital will be held from 4:00 to 5:00. I will perform compositions by Margaret Bonds, Chevalier de Saint George, Scarlatti, Blind Tom, Henri Herz, Chopin/Liszt, Billy Strayhorn and Florence Price. I hope anyone in the area will please join Kevin and I for our recitals. FOR TICKET INFO www.colourofmusic.org
Musically,
Richard Alston

No comments: