Monday, January 23, 2012

Three Comments on Interview with Althea Waites, who says: 'please know how much I appreciate your work'


[Along The Western Shore; Althea Waites, pianist; Althea Waites and Mark Uranker, duo-pianists; Cambria CD-1141 (2003)]

Pianist Althea Waites has made a comment on the Guest Book at AfriClassical.com on our interview:

Hi Bill, I just read the transcript of our interview from January 16. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this....I'm sure it's an incredible amount of work for you in addition to everything else that you're doing, but please know how much I appreciate your work and getting the information about my new recording on your website. I will stay in touch. Best wishes and regards, Althea” From: Long Beach, CA Web Site: altheawaites.com


That is a terrific interview, Bill, and your enthusiasm comes through clearly! Thanks very much!
J”

John Malveaux of www.MusicUNTOLD.com

“Please see link to your interview with Althea on musicuntold.com home page.
John Malveaux”

Comments by email:
I agree! When I elected to publish Black music in our culture there was a lot of material on tape and it had to be transcribed. I was happy to be able to hire a blind student to do this. Later when I had to do the same thing, I really found out how very difficult that task is! And, quite apart from that expression of sympathy, having this information from Althea is really important.
Dominique-René de Lerma, http://www.CasaMusicaledeLerma.com 


Thanks, William!  B [Bongani Ndodana-Breen]

No comments: