Saturday, October 23, 2010

Serafina Arts Presents Aaron Dworkin's 'Metamorphosis' a spoken word multimedia production Nov. 16

The biography of Aaron P. Dworkin (b. 1970) has been part of AfriClassical.com for nearly a decade, because of his role as Founder and President of the Sphinx Organization. We have at times noted that Aaron is also a violinist, a poet and an author, but those aspects of his career have been overshadowed by the profound importance of his work with the Sphinx Organization. This event brings Aaron's other artistic activities to the fore:

SERAFINA ARTS
the ART of Aaron Dworkin
presents
METAMORPHOSIS
a spoken word multimedia production

Free Admission
November 16, 6p Tuesday
734.320.4104

Charles H. Wright Museum
of African-American History
GM Auditorium
315 E. Warren, Detroit
Reception To Follow

“I will be giving a free concert entitled 'Metamorphosis' on Nov. 16th at 6pm at the Wright Museum in Detroit. This is my spoken word art, combined with visuals and audio... so, for example one piece, Dachau is a poem I wrote about the concentration camp Dachau when I visited there when I was 13 and its impact both from being Jewish and Black, combined with pictures from Dachau, scored with Barber's Adagio. Other pieces include 'They Said I Wasn't Really Black,' 'I am a Negro,' 'My Russia' and 'Picture Perfect.' The concert is free with a reception following.”





No comments: