Saturday, October 30, 2010

Measha Brueggergosman Sings Mahler's 'Das Knaben Wunderhorn' in Chicago Symphony Debut

[Measha Brueggergosman, soprano, and Sergio Mims, WHPK radio host]
Measha Brueggergosman is the African-Canadian soprano who recently released Night and Dreams, with pianist Justus Zeyen, on Deutsche Grammophon 477 8101 (2010) (65:29). Sergio Mims is a classical music radio host at Chicago's WHPK, 88.5 FM. He sends a message about Measha Brueggergosman debut performance with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on October 28:

“Here's a picture of me with soprano Measha Brueggergosman taken tonight. She was in Chicago singing Mahler's Das Knaben Wunderhorn with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. She gave a wonderful, glowing performance and was radiant as always! I think I'll add this to my collection of other photos of us together. Soon I'll have enough for a book. Sergio Mims

No comments: