Sunday, November 7, 2021

OperaCréole: Givonna Joseph is on the cover of NOLA Boomers for November/December 2021

Givonna Joseph writes:

Hello Friends and Supporters,

To be on a magazine cover was not on my bucket list, but what a great surprise!

Previous NOLA Boomers Magazine covers have been Carlos Prieto-Music Director for the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, Dr. Verret-President of Xavier, and actor Bryan Batt. So, I feel truly honored. 

This was originally planned as an August (The Arts are back) edition. Hurricane Ida and the COVID numbers delayed that! 


I should receive my hard copy soon. 
And should also have a list of the distribution sites if anyone is interested! But I think CCs, Whole Foods, and Martin Wine Cellar are on the list 

Coming up next for OperaCréole will be an article (with online video segments) in Scalawag Magazine!  It is a panel discussion with OperaCréole and two other Louisiana organizations discussing our viewing of  The Met’s “Fire Shut Up In My Bones”


All the best! 
Givonna 

OperaCréole
Givonna Joseph
Founder, Artistic Director
Aria Mason
Co-Founder, Production Director
Office: 504-356-3078
cell: 504-952-5240 
             *Special Recognition 
for Creative Achievement in Opera
For our original opera 
2019 Gambit's Tribute to the 
Classical Arts Awards

*National recognition:
Southern Living Magazine's


On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 4:32 PM OperaCréole <operacreole@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Friends,

As Founder and Artistic Director of OperaCréole,  I am honored to write to share an interview that was done with me by Dillard University University Film School, through the Ray Charles Program for African American Material Culture. 

It has a lot of N.O. history, some serious moments as to Faith, and quite a bit of hilarity towards the end.
Some of the things I cover in my class at Loyola U.
I would love to present through the Kennedy Center education programs.


Enjoy!

Givonna 

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 12:

Givonna
OperaCréole
Givonna Joseph
Founder, Artistic Director
Aria Mason
Co-Founder, Production Director

No comments: