Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Sergio A. Mims - Adolphus Hailstork's "Earthrise for Double Chorus and Orchestra" on WHPK-FM Chicago March 2

Adolphus Hailstork

Sergio A. Mims writes:

I am very honored and pleased to announce that I will be broadcasting on my weekly classical music show on WHPK-FM Chicago on Tuesday March 2  Adolphus Hailstork's extraordinary  Earthrise for Double Chorus and Orchestra which was recorded live at the Cincinnati May Festival with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra with John Conlon conducting. Many thanks to Bill Doggett for obtaining permission from Mr. Hailstork to allow me to broadcast this great work on my radio show

Also on the program will be Shostakovich's String Quartet No. 2 and Sibelius' Four Legends from the Kalevala. My show can be heard every Tuesday from 12 noon to 3PM (CST) locally on 88.5 FM and worldwide  livestream on the station's website at http://www.whpk.org


Sergio

 

No comments: