Thursday, November 26, 2020

Maria Thompson Corley: My domestic abuse-themed opera, The Sky Where You Are, will be available on the Decameron Opera Coalition site until Dec. 31

Maria Thompson Corley

Pianist Maria Thompson Corley writes:

Hi Bill,

It occurred to me to mention that my domestic abuse-themed opera, The Sky Where You Are, will be available on the Decameron Opera Coalition site until Dec. 31. KF Jacques is the other Black composer whose opera, The Corsair, is included. Several singers in other productions are Black, including Mr. Jacques. I am the pianist for my piece. 

All of the composers will be interviewed live on Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. on the Decameron Opera Coalition Facebook page.

More information on the operas in general and mine in particular can be found below. An Opera Theatre commissioned my piece.

Very best wishes and warmest regards,
Maria


No comments: