Tuesday, August 12, 2014

South African born Bass-Baritone Musa Ngqungwana in 2008 film; Performs at Alice Tully Hall September 21, 2014 with Opera Orchestra of New York

Musa Ngqungwana

John Malveaux of www.MusicUNTOLD.com writes:

South African born Bass-Baritone Musa Ngqungwana shares the following:

"In 2008 Roger Lucey, an independent filmmaker made a short biographical film on a colleague of mine and me while I was a junior at the University of Cape Town. The film focused on the state of South African Opera and changes propelled by the advent of the new democracy and the new wave of black opera singers and students. The film is a bit dated, but I hope it will add a visual information to what I am writing about currently and give you a glimpse of my ghetto beginnings".  See
Musa Ngqungwana is scheduled to perform in concert at Alice Tully Hall, September 21, 2014 with the Opera Orchestra of New York and Eve Queler. 
Thanks
John Malveaux


Comment by email:
Thank you for sharing my story. Much appreciated. Kind regards, Musa​ [Musa Ngqungwana]

No comments: