Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Comment on Jerome Ashby: 'I was just thinking of him and wanna say I miss him very much.'


[Jerome A. Ashby (1956-2007)]

On Dec. 27, 2007, AfriClassical posted: “In Memoriam: Jerome Ashby, Associate Principal Horn, New York Philharmonic, Dec. 26, 2007.” The post read, in part: “An active recitalist and chamber musician, Mr. Ashby appeared at music festivals around the world. He performed with The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center and performed regularly with New York Philharmonic Ensembles. Mr. Ashby was a faculty member of The Juilliard School, Manhattan School of Music, The Curtis Institute, and the Aspen Music Festival School.”

We are happy to post a comment made today by a fellow trumpet player in memory of Jerome Ashby: “My name is Jose Montenegro. I play the trumpet. I went to Bronx borough wide, All-City High School Orchestra, Performing Arts High School, and Juilliard with Jerome. I saw him in Venezuela and we spoke briefly. I just want to say that he was always practicing and it really inspired me. I knew he was going to be great. I was just thinking of him and wanna say I miss him very much.”






No comments: