Sunday, October 17, 2021

Kelly Hall-Tompkins: Artist Propulsion Recital Live at the WQXR Greene Space - Tuesday, October 19th at 7pm in person and livestreamed



Kelly Hall-Tompkins writes:

I hope this email finds you continuing to be well and enjoying a healthy and successful re-entry to more in-person life.  If you listen to New York City's WQXR radio, chances are you might have heard promos for my upcoming recital as a featured artist of the Artist Propulsion Lab.  I am so excited and honored to perform the first in-person concert back at the WQXR Greene Space on Tuesday October 19th at 7pm.  The concert will be hosted by my friend Elliott Forrest and will be both in person and live streamed.  The program will feature my characteristically broad and eclectic repertoire from Debussy to Fiddler, including two pieces written for me during the pandemic, by Guy Mintus and Ellen Taaffe Zwilich, and also the premiere of a new arrangement by me!  I was commissioned by the composer/lyricist duo Gail C. Bluestone and Eileen Sherman to write a violin solo arrangement for th song "My Mother's Menorah" from their show "The Odd Potato."  I am joined in that song by fellow APL artist, mezzo soprano Kara Dugan, and in the rest of the program by pianist Craig Ketter, accordionist Joshua Camp, guitar/mandolin Stephen Benson, and bass Michael Blanco.  Click below for a promo video and here for the event page and tickets. 
I'm also thrilled to be presented in an upcoming concert by the Indianapolis International Violin Competition at the Madame C.J. Walker Theater in Indianapolis.  I admire both the namesake of the theater and the prestigious competition and am honored to be a featured artist of both.  
***

Music Kitchen Forgotten Voices World Premiere at Carnegie Hall

If you know anything about me, you know that I like to create unique projects.  Historic, unprecedented and artistically inspiring, the Forgotten Voices project, is the most exciting project I have ever produced, and I could not be more thrilled to work with Carnegie Hall, or, as I like to call it, "The People's House," to bring it to full realization.  On behalf of my organization Music Kitchen - Food for the Soul, we are proud to present the world premiere of Forgotten Voices on March 13th, 2022 and I hope you will buy your ticket to the event.  Please check out our new trailer:

No comments: