Saturday, April 17, 2021

Sergio A. Mims: 80th Birthday Celebration for Adolphus Hailstork on WHPK-FM Tuesday, April 20, 12 noon to 3 PM (CDT)

Adolphus Hailstork

Sergio A. Mims writes:

I wanted you and your readers to know that on my next weekly classical music program on WHPK-FM in Chicago on Tuesday April 20 I will be playing several works by composer Adolphus Hailstork in celebration of his 80th birthday on April 17th.

On the program will be his Symphony No. 1 and Whitman's Journey 1: Launch Out on Endless Seas. Both works are performed by the Virginia Symphony Orchestra with JoAnn Falletta conducting with baritone Kevin Deas and the VSO Chorus in Whitman's Journey. In addition I will be broadcasting the radio premiere of one of his recent works, his meditation on the Civil War,  Ghosts in Grey for brass trio.

My show as always can be heard locally 12 noon to 3Pm (CDT) on 88.5FM   and livestreamed worldwide on whpk.org.  

Sergio

No comments: