Sunday, July 28, 2019

Dr. François S. Clemmons: Mr. George Shirley conducting master classes!!!

Dr. François Scarborough Clemmons

Dr. François S. Clemmons writes of the George Shirley master classes:

Dear Bill, What a wonderful gift: Mr. George Shirley conducting master classes!!! Young folks have so much to learn and he’s surely one of the great teachers of our era!!!! While I lived in Manhattan (and sang all over the world) and attended the Metropolitan Opera Studio some 50 years ago he served as my inspiration and mentor. I grew to love him and his entire family! George taught me that true mentoring is much more than showing  up for a voice lesson for 1 hour a week! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful tribute and gift. Your readers deserve to know about the ‘Best Among Us!’ Sincerely,  Dr. Francois S. Clemmons, DivaMan & Officer Clemmons, Dr. George Shirley’s Oldest Son!

No comments: