Wednesday, March 3, 2010

James DePreist: 'I am deeply appreciative of the noting of my career and the excellence of the website.'


[James DePreist (b. 1936) Conducting Juilliard Orchestra]

On March 1, 2010 AfriClassical.com announced a complete revision of its page on James DePreist, the world-famous African American Conductor who is Director of Conducting & Orchestral Studies at The Juilliard School in New York City. Maestro DePreist was born in Philadelphia in 1936 and is the nephew of the renowned contralto Marian Anderson.

Through Mary Frances Byrne, Personal Assistant to James DePreist, we brought the new version of the page to his attention. We were honored to received a gracious reply today:

“Dear Mr. Zick,

Mr. DePreist has asked that I send the following statement to you:

'I am deeply appreciative of the noting of my career and the excellence of the website.'
James DePreist

Once again, with all best wishes,

Mary Frances Byrne”




No comments: