Monday, February 9, 2015

Clovice A. Lewis, Jr.: I have yet to meet another African American composer. Your blog and the AfriClassical.com site has been most illuminating.

Clovice A. Lewis, Jr.

On Saturday, February 7, 2015 AfriClassical posted a message from Clovice A. Lewis, Jr. of Ukiah, which is located in Mendocino County, California:


Clovice A. Lewis, Jr. writes:

Mr. Zick,


Thank you very much for including me in the Africlassical blog. I frankly had no idea such scholarship was being done. My experience as an African American musician working in the classical world has been rarely punctuated with meeting others like me. Even in all this time, I have yet to meet another African American composer. Your blog and the AfriClassical.com site has been most illuminating.

Peace,

Clovice

No comments: