Saturday, November 21, 2015

Pianist Rebeca Omordia in Live Broadcast of Constaninescu Triple Concerto with Romanian National Broadcasting Orchestra on Romanian National Radio Fri. Nov. 27, 7:30 PM

Rebeca Omordia

Paul Constaninescu (1909-1963)
(Wikipedia) 

Radio Hall, Bucharest

Pianist Rebeca Omordia, www.rebecaomordia.com, has been featured on AfriClassical numerous times in recent years.  She discusses her heritage on her website:

"I was born in Romania to a Nigerian father and a Romanian mother. Growing up in a mixed background, I had the greatest advantage of an upbringing influenced by two different cultures and I developed a profound understanding of both worlds. Nevertheless, I still reached a point in my life where I started to search for my own identity and I wanted to discover which side I related to most. The answer was not too hard to find. In Nigeria, they say you claim your father's country. I claim BOTH. Despite the differences of language and culture, both countries have one thing in common - Music."

Rebeca Omordia announces a live broadcast of the Triple Concerto of the Romanian composer Paul Constaninescu (1909-1963): 

Paul Constaninescu Triple Concerto

  • Radio Hall, Bucharest

Live broadcast on Romanian National Radio
Romanian National Broadcasting Orchestra
Nicolae Moldoveanu, conductor
Rafael Butaru, violin
Razvan Suma, cello
Rebeca Omordia, piano

No comments: