Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Samuel Coleridge-Taylor: Six Sorrow Songs


[Songs of Paradise (2008)]

AfriClassical was pleased to receive the following message from the English tenor Gordon Pullin:

I am writing to you about Samuel Coleridge-Taylor. About twenty years ago I broadcast a programme of his songs on the BBC, including the Six Sorrow Songs. I have recently recorded these songs on a CD (of settings of Christina Rossetti and readings of her poems), which is available from me at 97 High Street, Banwell, Somerset, BS29 6AG, UK. I find that there is no longer an SC-T Society in England, so I hope that you may be able to put this information in the hands of any who might be interested. If you have any ideas about how I can inform other interested people I would be very grateful.

With best wishes,

Gordon Pullin

E-mail: treakles@talktalk.net

[The Afro-British composer and conductor Samuel Coleridge-Taylor (1875-1912) is profiled at AfriClassical.com]

+Coleridge-Taylor" rel="tag">Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
+Pullin" rel="tag">Gordon Pullin
+Composer" rel="tag">Black Composer

+Composer" rel="tag">Afro-British Composer

+Songs" rel="tag">Sorrow Songs

+Programme" rel="tag">BBC Programme

No comments: