Saturday, September 12, 2020

Kelly Hall-Tompkins: I hope you will tune in on Sunday for the World Premiere of a new piece written for me, Inner Compás [5 PM]


Kelly Hall-Tompkins writes:

I hope this email finds you well and it's nice to stay connected.  Amidst these challenging times, I am joyfully flourishing in many creative projects, many of which are born of these unique circumstances.  I am excited for the opportunity to be featured this evening in a talk for the strings students and the University of Southern California, USC Thorton School, and am also excited for the opportunity to be a featured soloist for the Connecting Community commission project of the American Composer's Orchestra.  I hope you will tune in on Sunday for the World Premiere of a new piece written for me, Inner Compás,  by composer Guy Mintus.  Guy and I are both featured in the Max Lewkowicz film Fiddler: A Miracle of Miracles and were introduced last year.  We had wanted to collaborate on a new project and so what a fortuitous turn of events!  He has written an exciting solo violin piece that is fun to play - I hope you will buy tickets for Sunday's premiere.  In addition, below are some other recent and upcoming appearances.  It's inspiring to be part of so many wonderful and creative endeavors which persevere in challenging times.  Let us all find inspiration wherever we can, stay positive and look to the future.
Thank you so much for your interest and warm regards,

Kelly 

No comments: