Friday, April 21, 2017

Canadian Pianist Luke Welch performs May 7 in Belgium at the Muziekschuur, then gives recitals in Canada, The Netherlands and 3 cities in South Africa

Crossing Borders

Luke Welch, Piano



Luke Welch is a Canadian pianist who recently announced his new CD, comprised of Sonatas of Domenico Scarlatti, called Crossing Borders.  He writes from his current base in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and tells us his schedule of one recent performance and several upcoming appearances:

Luke Welch writes:
As for my concert schedule, I just played in Bonn, Germany at the beginning of the month at the Gabriele Paque Musikstudio und Galerie - and next I will be giving a recital on May 7 in Belgium at the Muziekschuur.  This performance will actually be my first official recital in Belgium, which is quite exciting.  About a week after that I will be flying back to Canada for a few weeks to give seven recitals - in Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Brampton, Guelph, and Ottawa. 

Shortly after I get back to the Netherlands I will have a few performances here, before heading off to South Africa for the first time.  I'm really excited for that trip since it will be my first visit to that continent, and will get to play in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Sandton - the last performance of that tour will be at the Nelson Mandela Square! 
With all best wishes,
Luke

No comments: