Sunday, May 24, 2015

Clipper Erickson: Join me on May 30th for a potluck dinner and concert at Salon 33, "Looking Glass Pond" in Princeton, NJ (794 Alexander Road) Pot luck 7 PM, Concert 8 PM

 is profiled at AfriClassical.comwhich 
features a comprehensive Works List 
and a Bibliography by Dr. Dominique-René de Lerma, 



I'll be playing three suites by Dett - Magnolia, Cinnamon Grove and Tropic Winter. 

The event is free but donations make the music happen.

Pot luck from 7:00-8 PM, BYOB

The concert starts at 8pm 



I am also very proud to report that my KickStarter fundraiser is well on its way with 1/3 of funds raised so far. With 34 days to go, there is still time for anyone who would like to contribute to receive advance copies of the release.


Nathaniel Dett (1882-1943) was a great figure in American music, not only because he was one of the earliest important composers of African descent, but because he was one the first composers to find their own voice by using American musical materials.   

As you know, I have already funded the mastering and engineering phases of the recording myself.  The project is already half complete. I have a signed contract with PARMA Recordings to release the 2 CD set. My goal is to raise $6000 to fund printing, pressing and marketing of the CD's. I've gone this far, join me in finishing the project! 


Comment by email:
Thank you so much!  I'm in Bonn now on the way to finish the recording Tuesday and Wednesday.  I will let you know how it goes.  All best,  Clipper [Clipper Erickson]

No comments: