Friday, May 11, 2018

Eun Lee: Bass-Baritone Mark S. Doss, May 16 at Baruch Performing Arts Center


Eun Lee writes:

Happy Friday! I'm passing along information about a performance coming up next Wednesday. Mark Doss is, by all accounts, a magnificent bass-baritone who has yet to get the kind of attention in the U.S. that he's garnered overseas. Here is a review of his Macbeth at the Dorset Opera Festival:

Macbeth, who in many performances seems less interesting than ‘Lady’, as Verdi called her, and has far fewer exciting things to sing, was taken by Mark S. Doss. I don’t know whether it’s more my fault or his, but he is new to me, and clearly a major artist. Whatever charisma is, he has it to spare, looks marvelous, acts powerfully and has the most impressive bass-baritone voice I have come across in years. He was Dorset’s Dutchman three years ago but I idiotically missed that. Since he is 59 and has sung everywhere, Dorset can congratulate itself on having him as the riveting central figure in this great work. 

If you could pass this along to colleagues who may be interested, please do! I'm planning to be there myself, so I hope to see some of you there. 

Ticketing information: 
 
Thanks all, and enjoy your weekends!

My best,

Eun--
Learn more at thedreamunfinished.org

No comments: