Sunday, April 22, 2018

Community MusicWorks celebrates senior VanNashlee Ya --- violinist, Phase II student, and CMW board member


"CMW is an awesome place that has granted me countless opportunities, helped me to express my identity and make strong connections with the community. Even after I graduate, CMW will always hold a special place in my heart."

Community MusicWorks celebrates senior VanNashlee Ya  --- violinist, Phase II student, and CMW board member ---    as part of a series honoring our graduating students as they prepare for the End-of-Year Student Gala.

 "As a member of Phase II, I have the opportunity to spend time with other teenage students at CMW and engage in thought-provoking discussions about social justice. These experiences have helped me to develop confidence in using my voice and becoming a leader in my community."

"Working with the other students is always special because we get to share our ideas, our love for music, our hopes for bettering the community, and we always have a great time just hanging out."
Join us for our End-of-Year Student Gala where VanNashlee and fellow graduates are featured soloists in an event that includes an all-student performance of this year's song project, "The People United."
 

No comments: