Passionate about Social Justice
and the Arts?
and the Arts?
Want to make a transformative difference through the power of diversity in the Arts?
Apply to become a candidate for Director of Education at a Detroit-based organization globally recognized for its track record in excellence, transformative impact and relevance!
The Sphinx Organization is a national organization dedicated to transforming lives through the power of diversity in the arts. This position reports to the Chief Programming Officer and is directly responsible for oversight and implementation of the educational programs at the Sphinx Organization. The Director of Education manages the nationally renowned Sphinx Competition, Sphinx Performance Academy and Sphinx Overture program (which was honored at the White House by First Lady Michelle Obama).
Successful candidates will possess the following basic qualities/requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 2 years experience in related field
- Passion and deep understanding of Sphinx's mission and core values
- Exceptionally driven
- Excellent communications skills
- Highly dynamic and adaptive
- Strong sense of accountability and professional ownership
- Commitment to creativity and innovation
- Effective computer skills and facility with spreadsheets and databases
Main responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage the faculty and in-school partnerships for the Detroit and Flint-based Sphinx Overture program
- Oversee the integrity of implementation of all curricular and youth development aspects of the Sphinx Overture Program
- Manage the faculty and community partnerships for the national Sphinx Performance Academy (in Cleveland and Chicago)
- Oversee the integrity of implementation of all curricular and youth development aspects of the Sphinx Performance Academy
- Oversee all aspects of the Sphinx Competition, from seasonal staff teams, to the national call for entries, all phases of the adjudication process, follow-up and year-round scholarship programs
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the development Team, reporting directly to the Chief Programming Officer
Salary commensurate with experience and needs of the position.