Monday, February 1, 2016

Eric Conway: Morgan State Choir Member Kiya Wright is singing the National Anthem at a Washington Wizards Game on Tuesday, February 23, 2016


Kiya Wright

Dr. Eric Conway, Director of the Morgan State University Choir, writes:

Hello All,

One of the Morgan State Choir Members, Kiya Wright, is singing the National Anthem at a Washington Wizards Game on 2/23/16.  She would love for you to come out and see the game as well as support her in this great opportunity. See below.

EC

Good morning,


My name is Kiya Wright. I am a second semester sophomore at Morgan State University. I major in vocal performance and I am part of the honors department as well as Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society and the Morgan State University Choir. As a lover of music, performance and entertainment, it is my dream to use my gifts to become a music mogul and use all of my skills to build businesses supported by music.



Through Morgan's exposure, I've been able to win talent shows and scholarships on campus, perform at various campus events and render the National Anthem for athletic events. This has been an amazing way for me to share my gift as well as prepare for the future I desire. 

On February 23rd, 2016, I've been given the opportunity to sing the National Anthem for the Washington Wizards. It will be an amazing game but also an amazing experience for a small town girl with a big dream. Tickets are on sale for $23 and they come with a free t-shirt. I would love for anyone who is able to come to come as well as bring awareness to other students and faculty at Morgan State University.

Thank you so much for the opportunities here and I appreciate your support in advance,

Kiya Wright

No comments: