Thursday, December 3, 2015

Kelly Hall-Tompkins is the Fiddler in 'Fiddler On The Roof' on Broadway; Previews are in Progress, and Opening Night is December 20, 2015

Fiddler on the Roof - Violin Soloist

I am thrilled to share with you that I am the violin soloist and concertmaster of the new Broadway Musical "Fiddler on the Roof."  No, you won't see me in this production, but you will hear me in numerous violin solo features in the telling of this timeless story.  As an artist, I love drawing upon all of the influential sounds in my experience.  This show gives me the creative opportunity to draw from a rich array indeed! From my Russian/Jewish classical repertoire to the great American songbook, from Bartok to Jazz ballad, from John Williams to Strauss Ein Heldenleben and yes, of course, a bit of Hollywood too!   I was very inspired by Isaac Stern's Fiddler performances in the film and am honored to have the opportunity to bring my voice to the role.  I am excited to work with the Tony winning team, Conductor and Orchestrator Ted Sperling and Director Bartlett Sher, arranger Oran Eldor as well as an amazing cast starring Danny Burstein and Jessica Hecht.
The orchestra is wonderful and I'm delighted to work with such a talented group.  Featuring Klezmer-esque clarinet solos by Andrew Sterman, the orchestra also includes Bryan Hernandez-Luch, Katherine Livolsi-Landau, Maxim Moston, Will Curry, Mairi Dorman-Phaneuf, Michael Blanco, Brian Miller, Alexandra Knoll, Nuno Antunes, Cynde Iverson, James DeLa Garza, John Sheppard, Dylan Schwab, Zohar Schondorf, Shelagh Abate, Andrea Rodriguez, Joshua Camp, Jim Hershman, Kory Grossman and John Bell.
We are already into Previews and Opening Night is December 20th.  Now, when I am not on the road (or performing at other engagements in the city), you know where to find me!  Hope to see you there- If you see a show, please stop by and say hello!
L'Chaim,
Kelly


"Imagination" Music Video Album Now Over 800,000 Total Views on You Tube!
Thank You for Watching!
Fiddler on the Road!
The Oakland East Bay Symphony (California) will feature me as soloist for their opening night concert next fall.  The concert will be a terrific program featuring the U.S. premiere of the violin concerto by Sigfried Matthus on the first half, followed by John Williams' Theme from Schindler's List and Fiddler on the Roof on the second half.  For bookings of the Fiddler solo works or any other repertoire, kindly respond to this email.
Additional Highlights of the 2015-2016 Season Include:
  • 4 Recitals with former Boston Symphony Principal Harpist Ann Hobson-Pilot in Oakland, California plus Sarasota, Jacksonvile and Orlando, Florida
  • Ritz Chamber Players opens its New York Season Spring of 2016!
  • Barber Violin Concerto in New York City, stay tuned!

No comments: