Friday, February 6, 2015

Sergio A. Mims: Marin Alsop: I was able to get over to see BSO OrchKids yesterday. They are having a transformative few days with my dear friend and colleague Chi-chi Nwanoku

(Photo From Marin Alsop's Blog, @marinalsop)

Sergio A. Mims writes:


I thought you would be interested in this photo of  Chi-chi Nwanoku with the Baltimore Orchestra OrchKids which was followed by solo debut with them at The Kennedy Center in Washington D.C.

Below is a statement by the Baltimore Orchestra's music director Marin Alsop:


I was able to get over to see BSO OrchKids yesterday. They are having a transformative few days with my dear friend and colleague Chi-chi Nwanoku, principal bassist of the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment. Chi-chi is coaching the kids and performing with them tomorrow at the Kennedy Center. It is an awesome and incredibly inspiring experience for all of them. I can’t thank Chi-chi enough for her generosity and her indomitable spirit!
 
We are so fortunate to have these outstanding artists involved with Orchkids. My soloist this week, the wonderful pianist Garrick Ohlsson, has been a generous donor to Orchkids since its inception, and today he's giving a small concert for our littlest Orchkids on the stage at the Meyerhoff. How incredible!


Sergio

No comments: