Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pianist Richard C. Alston Presents "Classically Black 2015: Piano Compositions by Composers of African Descent." Wed. Feb. 18, 2015, 12:15 PM

Richard C. Alston

Richard C. Alston writes:

Hello Bill,
On Wednesday, February 18th at 12:15, I will perform on the Mallery Concert Series, at Rutgers Camden College of Arts and Sciences, 303 Cooper St, Camden, New Jersey 08102 . My program will be "Classically Black 2015: Piano Compositions by Composers of African Descent." Free Admission. As a preview I am attaching a portion of a documentary on composers of African Descent that was produced by PBS in 1997. Karen Smyles was the producer and offers commentary.  Her father Harry Smyles, oboist was a founding member of the Symphony of the New World. I am the pianist and I also was the musical advisor.

"Classically Black PBS 1997"   http://youtu.be/NceM_9IkndE

Musically,
Richard

No comments: