Thursday, June 20, 2013

Crain's Detroit Business Salutes CutTime® and it Advances to Round 2 in Knight Arts Challenge!


Rick Robinson

- Crain's Detroit Salutes CutTime Productions
- CutTime Makes Round 2 for Knight Grant

June 20, 2013 

Hello again!      

Ask me why I'm smiling. Because I'm having such a GREAT TIME realizing my dreams!! I feel like Ricky Ricardo at the Copacabana and it's BABALOO TIME!!
  
We just launched the summer Classical Revolution Detroit (CRD) series, we just KILLED audiences between Detroit and Grand Rapids with SIX concerts and readings in one week, and I presented for my first time at the League of American Orchestras conference. On top of all THAT, I win this award from Crain's Detroit Business... AND it's all around my DAD's birthday! I am completely PUMPED!

What's more... it's been announced that CutTime Productions, LLC has advanced to the Round 2 application process for a Knight Arts Challenge grant to expand CRD for 3 years!! I just submitted the work and began crossing my fingers and toes. I hope you'll read these articles and share them with friends and family interested in making classical music MATTER to the wider country! I can do ALOT but I can't do this alone! We need everyone's HELP to line up matching funds for the Knight grant if again advanced. Please help me MAKE IT COUNT!

Meanwhile, our Thursday lunch series TODAY AT NOON at New Center Park is serving up SAUCY COUNTERPOINT to pour over Detroit life! The proud and enthusiastic audiences we've had so far might start returning with family and friends... because we're making it so lively and informative. I try out new engagement and demonstration techniques to PLAY with the audience... using analogy, demonstrations, conducting and spontaneous interviews. Today we'll read through Enesco's Romanian Rhapsody No. 1, my Gitcha Groove On! and Serenade from Mighty Love to honor of my dad's memory on this his BIRTHDAY!

No comments: