Thursday, February 28, 2013

Guest Book Post: 'I was a student of Arthur Cunningham's in the early 70's. To say he was the most influential person in my life is very understated.'

Arthur Cunningham (1928-1997) was an African American composer and pianist who was active in both Classical Music and Jazz throughout his life.  He is profiled at AfriClassical.com, which features a comprehensive Works List by Prof. Dominique-René de Lerma, www.CasaMusicaledeLerma.com.

A post was made in the Guest Book at AfriClassical.com on February 27, 2013:
Thank you so much for compiling all of this
wonderful information. I was a student of
Arthur Cunningham's in the early 70's. To
say he was the most influential person in
my life is very understated. I really think
he was in some way telepathic. He knew
when I walked in the door whether my day
had been a good one or not. He would
dream his compositions at night, and write
 them down the next day, entire orchestras!
He had a rooster named Kenneth that would
walk around and peck his head to the beat of
whatever music you were playing. What a
smile he had!  I was a very lucky person to
have known him.  Thanks again.  Suzanne
Qualmann - Viola, Idaho



 

No comments: