Sunday, December 30, 2012

Review of Upper Swabian Chamber Orchestra in Germany: 'highlight of the concert was the African Suite for string orchestra and harp'

Fela Sowande (1905-1987) is featured at AfriClassical.com



"The Upper Swabian Chamber Orchestra gave a successful concert in the Concert Hall"  

(Photo: Private)


Marcus Hartmann writes today:

Dear Mr. Zick,
We had our concert in Ravensburg - it was a great success.  The people came and we had no more chairs for them!  They had to stand or sit in front of the windowboard!!  It was great.

I send you the newspaper report of the concert - it's written that Sowande was the highlight.  My daughter played the harp and I changed one thing: the violin solo was played by my wife on flute.  I think it was so much more colourful.

Sorry - the newspaper report is only in German language.  Thank you for everything.  I wish you a Happy New Year.

Marcus Hartmann

The newspaper headlines were:

Chamber Orchestra offers a thoroughly enjoyable concert
 
Ravensburger Schwörsaal was sold out - highlight of the concert was 
the African Suite for string orchestra and harp

Comment by email:
Great to hear this news. I hope that this work gets recorded again soon. Mike
[Michael S. Wright]

No comments: