Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Guest Book: 'I was told I could get a DVD of the congo orchestra and I am trying to find it.'


[Kinshasha Symphony]

A visitor from France left a request in the Guest Book at AfriClassical.com today:


“Tuesday, 4/10/12, 11:45 AM.  I was told I could get a DVD of the congo orchestra and I am trying to find it. Could you help me? Where do I go to order one? From: France”


The film Kinshasha Symphony, “A documentary by Claus Wischmann and Martin Baer” is indeed on DVD and has been released in many countries, including France, where it was released in 2011. Among the websites which sell the DVD in France is Amazon.fr. An Internet search under “Kinshasha Symphony DVD France” produces the names of additional sellers as well.


Comment by email:
Thank-you so much for passing this on to me.  I was born in the Congo a "number" of years ago.  My family has lived and worked there since 1950 and this is such an awesome and encouraging thing to hear from there.  We so love the people and the country that I am moved to tears just thinking about the 60 Minutes report I saw!!  So I really would like a copy of this DVD.  We are planning a family reunion (with the part of my family that has served all these years in the Congo) and it would be such fun to be able to show this DVD!!
Thanks again,
Margaret

No comments: