Friday, November 18, 2011

Examiner.com: 'Music community mourns the death of beloved Hampton University choir director'

[Royzell Dillard (Flickr.com 5406422748 44add97a9.jpg)]

Patrick D. McCoy writes of the passing of Royzell L. Dillard, M.A., Professor of Music, Director of University Choirs, and Minister of Music at Hampton University's Memorial Church, and says: “As a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., I bid my brother farewell.”

November 18, 2011
“The D. C. Performing Arts Examiner is personally saddened to learn from a trusted source of the death of Mr. Royzell Dillard, Director of Choral Activities at Hampton University.

"Just recently, I had the chance to catch up with Mr. Dillard at the Washington National Opera studio in Washington, D. C. while he was in town with the students participating in the Historically Black Colleges and Universities 105 Voices of History weekend activities. "I see you again?" Dillard with his sense of humor joked as we embraced and chatted about his doctoral work at Shenandoah University.”

“My heartfelt sympathies go out to all of my friends at Hampton University, especially Teeshawn Burrell, who has for many years served as Dillard's assistant and was very close to him. As a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., I bid my brother farewell."

No comments: