Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lara Downes: 'Performance highlights for you from the world premiere of Long Time Coming!'

[Lara Downes]

Pianist Lara Downes sends this message to AfriClassical:

Dear Friends,

I'm very happy to be able to share with you some of the highlights from the smash-hit world premiere of Long Time Coming! It was an amazing night, a celebration of incredible music and musicians, and I feel so fortunate to have been able to bring this work to fruition. David Sanford's new piece, commissioned for me with the generous support of the Barlow Endowment, was a resounding hit. With the incredibly talented Brubeck Jazz Quintet as my band, we played to sold-out crowds at the Mondavi Center, and we just had a terrific time!

Please visit the Long Time Coming website for audio and video clips from the live performances, my pre-concert conversation with David Sanford, and some excellent press and audience raves!

Love
Lara

No comments: