Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pianist Lara Downes: 'You Did It! 'The Kickstarter campaign was successful'



[Lara Downes]


YOU DID IT!
The Kickstarter campaign was successful!


My Kickstarter campaign to support 13 WAYS OF LOOKING AT THE GOLDBERG
met the $5000 funding goal on January 9! I can't thank you enough, all of you: family; old friends; new friends... Your support has meant so much, and has made me aware of how lucky I am to do my work in a community of people who care enough to get involved on a personal level with a project like this one.

13 WAYS is a landmark for me. This project represents a musical and personal coming of age that brings together many passions into a body of work that will hopefully have a long and wide presence and reach many new audiences.

Innova Music has recently signed 13 WAYS for a Fall 2011 release.
Innova is the artist-led, artist-driven, Grammy award-winning
label of the American Composers Forum.
This is a perfect home for 13 WAYS, and I'm thrilled about the partnership!

Please visit my website to hear excerpts from 13 WAYS.
These are just rough demo cuts, so please excuse the
recording quality and enjoy the music!

We'll keep you updated with news as the project moves along.
Thank you again to everyone who supported this campaign -
13 WAYS wouldn't be happening without you!

Love,
Lara

No comments: