Monday, July 27, 2009

Sodi Braide Plays Schubert This Week at Festival Pro Musica in France

[Sodi Braide: Franck, œuvres pour piano; Lyrinx\Talents LYR 249 (2006)]

AfriClassical has followed the exciting performance career of the Nigerian pianist Sodi Braide since 2007. Recently we asked if he was still touring for the French Government, and if he had any news. He replied on Sunday, July 26, 2009:

"Dear Bill, Thanks so much for writing. My apologies for this late reply, this summer has been (and is still) quite busy for me. I do not have any tours for the French government scheduled for the moment, but I do have quite a few concerts in France this summer, in different festivals, playing chamber music and recitals. I shall particularly be playing a lot of Schubert: I performed in a series of 6 concerts in May in Paris, presenting all Schubert's piano sonatas with 5 other pianists, and we shall be playing them again in a festival in the south of France this coming week.” “I hope you are doing well. All the best, Sodi."

Sodi's MySpace page shows the “Festival Pro Musica” in which he is performing opens today, July 28.
A link to an audio sample of his playing can be found in the upper right corner of the blog. Sodi Braide now has a website in English and French:
http://www.sodibraide.com/index-EN.php






No comments: