Monday, October 20, 2008

Girma Yifrashewa Comments on AfriClassical's Remembrance of His Birthday

On October 15, 2008, AfriClassical posted a birthday tribute, “Girma Yifrashewa, Ethiopian Composer and Pianist Born Oct. 15, 1967”. Girma's second classical CD is Elilta, consisting of his own compositions. It was released in 2006. All six tracks are sampled at his page at AfriClassical.com and on the Audio page of the website. Girma graciously acknowledged the post in an E-mail comment: “Hi William, I really would like to appreciate your thoughtfulness towards my birthday, you really made me so happy even if I could not open the website from here. I will certainly let you know all my up coming activities. Thank you William for being amongst those I give my credit for a good friends. Best wishes for your upcoming Election!   Girma Yifrashewa"

No comments: