Monday, July 7, 2008

Guest Book Post from Brazil on Le Chevalier de Saint-Georges & José Mauricio Nunes Garcia

[José Mauricio Nunes Garcia (1767-1830)]

Yesterday a visitor from Sao Paulo, Brazil left this message in the Guest Book at AfriClassical.com:
Ralf Rickli
Sunday, 7/6/08, 11:59 AM
“I'm extremely glad to have found your MOST WONDERFUL site, where I could find up-to-date information about Le Chevalier de Saint-Georges, a passion I cultivate since I discovered the pioneer recording by Jean-Jacques Kantorow and the Bernard Thomas Orchestra in the late 1970's. I must say, however, you are missing a very important personality of the africlassical heritage: the Brazilian priest Jose Mauricio Nunes Garcia (1767-1830), only slightly younger than the Chevalier, and who played an important role as music director in the court of the Portuguese King John VI when this latter lived in Rio de Janeiro. I would suggest you to go after...”

I replied by E-mail: “Many thanks for your post in the Guest Book at AfriClassical.com!
Please share the link with your friends and associates. I wholeheartedly agree that José Mauricio Nunes Garcia is a major figure in classical music. His page at my website is:http://chevalierdesaintgeorges.homestead.com/Nunes.html A short time later, Ralf sent another E-mail: Thanks for your attention, Bill!! And now I wonder... did I fail to see José Maurício's name in the AfriClassical homepage? Or was it really not there, on the page I departed from? I'll take a new look later. Anyway, it is a really great great work you've been doing! Congratulations & many thanks for it! Ralf"






No comments: